Wednesday, February 5, 2014

UPDATE to Last Post

In my last post I talked about RECA making Written Service Agreements (WSAs) mandatory starting February 4th.  I apologize that I wasn't clear.  The plain language agreements are available as of February 4th, but RECA's timeline for their mandatory use is July.

---

I had a bit of a twitter joust with RECA on this distinction (https://twitter.com/LJWestergard) and in essence what they are saying is that all the forms are available for use and you should get used to using them because on July 1st you MUST use them with all transactions.

This is akin to give a person a car to drive and THEN telling them that you are going to sign them up for driver's lessons in a few month so they know how to drive properly!

I have a great deal of respect for RECA's mandate to protect the consumer and make sure that their real estate experience is as trouble free as possible; but these current round of changes are something that have been in the works for a while now - and I think that they have dropped the ball on the implementation and education of the industry, there should be a mandatory educational requirement BEFORE making such a sweeping change to industry practice and before making the forms available for use.

In the end it's important to make sure that whether you are an industry member or a member of the public you give and receive the best  and most competent service available.  I just don't know if RECA is allowing us to do it with this phased rollout.

Respectfully,


Larry


No comments:

Post a Comment